Thursday, July 4, 2013

You can never question his enthusiasm

Bugsy is prone to getting excited.
This is a huge understatement.

He absolutely loves 'learning', grab a clicker and watch him spin.

I have recently built a wobble board for him. This is basically an unstable board that he needs to balance his weight on. I am using it as part of his rehab from shoulder & elbow surgery.

He, as always, boldly goes on it and waits for his click/treat after which he launches off it at all sorts of crazy angles, risking life and limb to get off it.
A bit of an overreaction but hey that's how he rolls.

Last night I decided it was time to increase the challenge and affixed a small bowl under the board.
I used glue to do it, to help it set,  I put a large book and a 5 lb dumbbell on top of the book.

So this morning he followed me up to where it was and proceeded to stand on the board, pick up the dumbbell and toss it to the side, paw at the book to knock it off and look at me for a click/treat.
This occurred in, I don't know, 10 seconds or less?

I struggled to get him OFF the upside down board but eventually  I succeeded.
While I was turning the 4 foot by 4 foot board, he was attempting to stand on it.
Up until then, I kind of thought he had two brain cells that connected. LOL

OK finally I got the board in position and he jumped on it, the surprised look on his face as it wobbled was awesome. But he steadied and waited for his treat before making another high risk exit.

Why oh why can he not go SLOW?

Anyway try as I might to not laugh, it was hysterical.
I bet we worked with it for less than two minutes then I had to stop due to his high risk board exits getting faster and riskier.
He looked like I was running video on fast forward.

I honestly have no capacity to slow him down - he walks fast, goes up and down stairs fast, eats fast, tries to 'work' fast, and goes to sleep fast.
He just has the one gear and OFF.

When I picked the board up, the bowl was no longer attached and had broken.
Ah well, we'll try again another day.

No comments: