Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Feeling more positive

As the time approaches I seem to be getting more and more comfortable that the prognosis will be good.
I keep looking at my Beastie boy and trying to find signs he is in terrible pain, or ill-health. It just isn’t there.
This morning we took a nice long walk in the sticky white air of the North Carolina summers, he began panting in the first half mile but so did I.
Then we saw a friend, and another friend. Both were greeted with oodles of joy and energy. Much bouncy insanity ensued from all the furry pups.
After that brief interlude of cwazee, we continued on our way. He has taken to checking in with me to see if we are turning around or moving on and he was happy to see we’d continue.
We saw a new human friend (we met yesterday, to Bugsy this is now a friend) and then two more human friends with their dogs.
All the while I saw no hitch in his step, no exhaustion, plenty of drool, but then again that is fairly normal for Beastie on walks, especially hot humid walks filled with canine nuttiness.
His nose is working fine – too fine as per usual.
Yesterday I lost count of the squirrel chases, he clearly feels this is a high priority assignment and he absolutely has to ensure they don’t eat all the bird seed.
He wants all the treats and food you will offer, is drinking fine and eliminating fine.
He is playful and downright funny.
Basically he seems absolutely normal for him.
As Thursday afternoon approaches I am feeling less and less afraid of what I will hear. I have even been thinking that I wish I did the xrays yesterday; however I know this decision is for the best.
So thanks for all the hugs and prayers and thoughts – I sure hope we don’t need them again soon.





No comments: