Saturday, November 30, 2019

Gus aka Bone aka goofball & savant

I can't really say why I haven't written, I have thought about it but the desire wasn't there. Tonight, I want to write.

"Gus" Bone vom Hochland is now 10+ months old. He's tall, lean, athletic, talented, smart and odd.
And I mean odd.
Despite my ignorance & his limited exposure he had a perfect score in his "derby" or natural ability test. He also was given the highest allowed assessment for conformation.
The limited training I did for that testing gave me a whole new appreciation for the training hunters do and also the level of trust they must have in their dog.
Gus has recalled off leash since forever.
We've had a few blips but his recall is rock solid and I don't feel as though I've put THAT much work into it.
When I think of the amount of work on recall I put in w Bugsy and it was never really reliable, Gus's recall astonishes me.
His nose is so intense that I find myself feeling bad for him at times. His head literally explodes as he takes in scent.
He will walk and/or climb on any surface.
Noise is joyful.
Everything is food.
He loves water.
Leaps like an antelope.
Has a BIG voice.
And sleeps deeply and in contortions..........
never completed this entry

No comments: