Saturday, October 3, 2009

Good news, bad news

As those of you who follow this blog know, poor Bugsy has been limping on and off for nearly two months. Yesterday after all else failed I took him in for x-rays and an orthopedic consult. I will admit to fearing the worst and suspecting that he had bad hips and that his life was about to change.
Well the good news is that his hips are wonderfully healthy. He does however have a tear in the ACL of his right knee. I am researching the options and understand that he will have to have surgery and a long rehabilitation period. During this rehab period I will happily hire him out so if any of you would like to provide a nice soft bed for him, I will pack up some food and send him your way LOL
Did I mention that his activity will be completely restricted to bodily functions? Yikes.
So today I am starting some restrictions, for example I put a gate across the stairs as he isn't to do the stairs very often. He is so out of sorts already. So pray for him, pray for us because the months ahead are going to be tough.

No comments: