Friday, February 12, 2010

Turning a corner

Earlier this week I was worried enough about Bugsy limping each evening that I spoke to the surgeon who said, "fairly normal, try more anti-inflammatories." But we can't take Rimadyl or other NSAIDs so I tried walking him less. Still limped at night. Did more stretching, did more cavalettis, still limping. Then I added Traumeel (the holistic anti-inflammatory) in the morning as well as at night and wala!!
Since starting that regime, two things have occurred, he isn't as stiff at night, and he is ready to fly instead of walk.
The last two days have been FUN! He wants to trot most of the walk and I just do what I can to keep up. He sets the pace, he stops when he wants, etc. This has led to him being downright joyful. He has picked up large branches and chewed and carried them as he is trotting, bringing smiles once again to passersby, and causing me to laugh hysterically as I try to keep up.
Then today when we got home he launched into the craziest, wildest, silliest zoomies we have experienced in a very long time. He was leaping over shrubs, turning tight corners, running with an even gait, tail tucked and eyes wide open.
That's my boy!
That's my Bugsy doing his daily zoomie.
We have turned a corner..........
Join us in our relief

No comments: