Sunday, February 14, 2010

what am I going to do with this boy?

Yesterday we awoke to more snow - this pleased Bugsy immensely and I have the photos to prove it!

In light of yesterday's insanity I tried to take a nice slow walk with him today and then have him rest. The walk wasn't as slow as I hoped and the resting well...........
he did hang out inside and watch the world go by while baking in the sun for some time.
However at about 6pm he asked to go out. There are a few ice patches so DH went out to observe him.
DH then came to tell me that he feared Bugsy would make a break for it as 6 deer were across the cul-de-sac. I said OK I'll go out the front door and keep an eye on him.
Well I did and we watched the deer enter the woods.
Then all hell broke loose.
Bugsy launched into major zoomies with DH & I stood statue still and telling him to slow down. Not a chance.
He ran and spun and turned and ran, eyes bulging, tail tucked, butt on fire.
Not sure how long it went on or what it happened or why it stopped. I went in at some point thinking, "Oh dear I didn't want this to happen today!"
When the boys came back inside Bugsy had a huge drink and then I told DH to get a certain treat out - this treat prompts Bugsy to do into his crate.
Worked like a charm and several hours later he is still asleep in his crate.

I suppose we simple humans will never understand why dogs run zoomies or why they stop. I just wish he would stop for a while and wait until he was definitely healthy enough to do this.

No comments: