Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Pawzzle

Sorry folks I have not been very good about keeping up on things - I have many toys to review, thoughts to share and a link to an awesome show but all in good time ay?
Today I want to tell you about Bugsy's new toy - The Pawzzle
I reluctantly bought this product - reluctant because every kibble dispensing toy has frankly been too simple for Bugs. Generally they take longer to fill than for him to empty. And this toy wasn't cheap so I was taking a risk in my mind.
Thankfully it has worked out superbly. He loves it.
Photobucket

This is certainly more difficult than any other ones we've tried. There is only one hole in the inner ball which is about the same size as his kibble (his kibble is not uniform so I have to break some of the larger ones) and the inside of the inner ball isn't smooth so pieces get caught in the inside of the inner ball. Also the hole in the inner ball has to hit one of the holes in the outer ball in order for the kibble to come out. So its a challenge.

I could see a dog getting frustrated easily and some dogs I would think would just destroy the outer ball to get to the inner ball. Also Bugsy's head/nose is so big he can't reach the smaller ball through the outer ball - most dogs will be able to do that.

He loves these sort of things so even when he first got it and would roll it and roll it to no avail he kept trying.

It would be easy to enlarge the hole on the inner ball to make it easier to get stuff out. For now Bugsy loves it just the way it is LOL

Here are some short videos of him playing with it






Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the videos. He is such a smart boy.