Thursday, August 12, 2010

Dear Bugsy..............

I take you for a walk/bike ride/hike or swim daily.
I have done this since the day (December 11, 2005) we brought you home.
Why do you get so excited each and every day for this walk - as if it is the first one you have ever had and you have been desperate for it?
I promise as long as you are healthy enough to do some exercise we WILL do some!
There is no need to spin and whine.
No need to open the closet door and steal socks.
No need to fly down the stairs and bang the door knob to go out.
No need to spin around me licking me while I put my shoes on.
There is especially no need to lick my sunglasses - this only delays the activity because I have to clean them in order to see.

There is also no need to rush down the driveway as if shot from a cannon. You can actually keep your brain attached to your body and WALK
I know walking isn't really your thing, but trust me its good. And you will actually get places faster because we won't have to stop every two feet and wait for you to back up.

So my dear Bugsy please try to relax just a bit - I can still tell you are happy to get out and about without the whining and spinning!

No comments: