Thursday, August 5, 2010

so many happenings - so few posts

My bad!
No way I can catch up on it all so I'll talk about some highlights -
or in Bugsy's mind lowlights.
A few weeks ago I went to visit my family in NY leaving him behind with my husband. He loves my husband a whole lot but he misses me terribly when I leave.
Rumor has it Bugsy spent the week under the dining room table, LOL
He'd come out to eat and go back under. It was also a very hot week and I think that is one of the cool spots but he's not been under there much since my return.
Bugsy, Bugsy, Bugsy!

He has also upped his hunting prowess - the week I was gone he found the rabbit's nest and caught the mom and 6 babies.
My husband was completely freaked out and wound up having nightmares. He believes that Bugsy ate at least three of the babies.
So very sad but also part of the cycle of life and a good reminder that dogs are not humans in furry coats.
Bugsy goes and checks that spot daily - just in case they come back or he missed one I suppose.
He also caught three moles last week - he seems very depressed that there aren't any others to catch.
BTW I haven't seen any rabbits in our yard since the massacre either.

The mourning doves better beware as they are some of his favorite prey, at least historically he has released them unharmed.

Another major happening I will write up in a separate post
Apologies to those who check in I will promise to post more regularly!

No comments: