Monday, May 3, 2010

second day and other musings

gosh I am just not keeping up!
Saturday morning I decided to take Bugsy to the course again. We started with some basic obedience as we made our way to where the geese tend to hang out. He once again quickly realized what he was there to do and took off full speed right at them.
He kept going and going. He was well out of my sight and I was fairly panicked. Then I saw him making his way up the ninth fairway still chasing the geese who were headed towards me.
When he did finally return to me the grin on his face could not have been bigger. When I came home I used google earth to figure out how far he ran, approximately 2000 yds (a mile is 1760 yds)
He kind of looked like this - just hotter and happier :-)
Photobucket
Happily I saw no indication of pain at any point in the day.

He also on Friday had his first playdate with his girl Izzy since the day before his TPLO
there was a lot of chasing and a bit of this
Photobucket

They only had a few minutes together but once again I was thrilled that I saw no limping. He's tired but OK - for now.
Oh and he is happy
and that folks is what it is all about!

No comments: