Thursday, May 13, 2010

through thick and thin

I know that anyone that reads this blog knows that I love my crazy oversized mutt. Probably too much..............but it is what it is.

We are off to the beach tomorrow.
Bugsy loves the beach and we love that we can take him there. Unfortunately we learned last year that no matter how much fun the boy has all day long - he does not want you to leave him in the room and have fun without him.
Last year he howled for hours when we left - I was horrified when I found out.
We thought it might be separation anxiety but that just doesn't make sense. He may be very happy to see us come home BUT he never minds when we leave. Well unless we are going for a walk or run or bike ride.
So it is fun anxiety - he is letting us know he is not OK with us having fun without him. And there isn't any training we can do with that. I mean we leave him and he howls.

Today I have pulled together most of the things we are taking and he is ready to fly every time I move. This is not Mr Chilled Out - I so wish he would relax and not constantly try to predict my next move.......

Which brings me to what this post is about - My little Bugsy just is who he is. I try and have tried to change him to a more relaxed dog. And I suppose he is. At least now when the mood strikes you can sort of snuggle him. No chance of that when he was young, so it is an improvement. But he really is still always ON.
I wish I could help him to be less stressed, but whatever he is, I love him.

No comments: