Saturday, August 3, 2013

Maestro of Mischief

Why he wears the moniker Maestro of mischief.
He was out in the yard this morning, looking for creatures.
I watched him through the window for a while, then decided to get a fresh cup of coffee.
When I looked back out, no Bugsy.
I wandered around looking through different windows, no Bugsy.
Hmm. Ah well, he'll turn up.
He did, with an empty pasta box in his mouth, that he got from the garage where I had the doors opened about a foot to let some air in.
So my 29" at the shoulders dog slinked under the garage door that was open a foot, found the recycling pile, selected just the right box, crawled back under the garage door, came charging onto the deck and through the dog door with the box in his mouth, staring into our sunroom with trouble in his eyes and tail wagging furiously.
"let me in"
"No, drop the box"
wiggle wiggle waggle
"DROP"
paws the door
So dumb me opens the door and tries to take the box from his mouth.
Whoosh! he's past me.
Sigh.
"Bugsy give me the box"
wiggle wiggle waggle with a look that said "chase me, Mom!!"
"I am not going to chase you, let's trade"
His furry brow furrowed.
"Nope not giving you the box until the treat goes in the ball."
"Really dog???"
So off I went to collect his orbee ball and find a treat to put in it.
Once the ball was loaded to his satisfaction, he traded the box for the ball.
All was good for at least 2 minutes.
LOL

No comments: