Thursday, June 18, 2009

I tell ya it was a BIG fish!

This morning we went to the lake to swim. The hot weather has arrived and swimming is a better idea than running or walking, that is what my human says anyway. Doesn't matter to me the lake has so many smells and things to hunt, I love it. Besides she brought my goose. I don't get to play with my goose much so I get real excited when I get to play with my goose.
this is my goose:
Photobucket
May be it looks better in person .

OK back to my story, so I'm at the lake, right at the water, no real geese today but I did find a small dead fish. I LOOOOOOOOOOVE fish so I considered eating it but human said "LEAVE IT".
Does your human say that? It usually means no fun ahead!

Finally my human threw my goose into the water, I went after it as fast as I could, I mean its my favorite toy and I never just get to kill it!
Right when I was about to grab my goose this huge fish jumped out of the water and nearly landed on me.
Photobucket
I forgot all about my goose and tried to find that fish, I even looked under water but it must have skedaddled because I couldn't find it anywhere.
My human kept whistling at me so I grabbed my goose and brought it to her. For this she gave me a piece of fake bacon.
Whatever, I wanted that fish now!
That was going to be one sweet dinner if I caught it.
She threw my goose some more and I got it. And she threw my Wubba and I got that too.
But every time I went in that water I looked for my fish. Couldn't find him though.
My human told me that lots of fishers tell stories of the big one that got away, well you can add me to that list.
This was a really big fish and I nearly had him.

4 comments:

Campbell said...

Darn - I was looking forward to the fish fry - my mom says the more fish oil I get, the better it is for me!!!

See ya at the lake! Campbell.

Bouncing Bonnie said...

Wow Bugsy maybe you'll get him next time!Keep on fishing buddy I'm hoping to get my paws on one to soon because its that season again!
---Bonnie

Bevo said...

Bugsy - I like hunting under the water for fish too, but my mom says "leave it" & then the fun stops.

Ya need to convince your mom & dad to take ya fishing. My parents take me fishing, & it's the coolest thing...they catch the fish & put some of them in a bucket, & while they aren't paying attention, I just snag a fish or two out of their bucket. It's much easier than hunting it yourself, & my humans are too busy laughing at me to tell me to "leave it."

Happy fishing! Bevo

Karen said...

Bevo you is smart! My dad goes fishing I could go wiff him and steal is his fish - he he he :-)
He never pays much attention to what I iz doing until it is "too late". dat what mom sez!
Cousin Bonnie I didn't know you liked fish, I should have tried harder!
Campbell dat was fun swimming wiff you even if you steal my wubba!