Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Leash burned hands

Sigh, if you want to know how strong the Beast is I can only provide this tidbit; I have leash-burned hands. Really.
My shoulders and back are sore from his constant tugging and tonight in his excitement he pulled on the leash so hard it sped through my hands as I tried to hold on, causing that rope burn sensation and effect. Marvelous.
He is so full of tight muscles and knots one can only imagine how sore his body is but he doesn't care, he just drags you to where he wants to go.
We don't want to be tugging and pulling on him so we kind of use a half nelson around his head and chest to stop his forward motion and attempt to talk sense into his pea brain.
He will stand there for a moment but as soon as you return to upright he's taking you along to where he wants to go.
I have no solutions for this. He's nearly 8. Been through two orthopedic surgeries and recovery.
He doesn't give a shit that you want him to go slow. The more contained he is the more he fights against it.
If only he could realize how much further we could walk AND with less pain if he just did as I asked.
He won't get it though and he won't stop doing what he wants to do. His version of stubborn isn't to be believed without seeing it.
Love you lots Bugsy but damn give my body a break, if you did you might realize you'd feel a lot better too!

No comments: