Monday, April 29, 2013

the question was always when, not if

Sigh.
Well we got through darn near 5 weeks of recovery before the inevitable happened.
Bugsy went cwazee and ran zoomies.

This afternoon he had a modest attempt at them after meeting the neighbor's new foster pup, saying hey to another neighbor's young golden and getting to greet his dad who'd been out walking. He managed to get free from me and attempted to go insane but we were able to stop him.
He did get to blow off a bit of steam.

Then about an hour later, while I was on a client call I heard this thundering gallop heading my way.
Gulp.
Sure enough he came leaping up the steps, flying into my office space with legs going in every direction.
The tail was tucked and the eyes filled with cwazee!

I have two PVC hurdles set up to do exercises called cavaletti's which help retrain his gait. The hurdles are set at about 4 inches high. He was leaping over both of them clearly imagining they were four FEET high.
He grabbed a horizontal pole and ran around with that, then flung it aside to continue jumping over and around the hurdles.
I was pretty stuck just watching as I was on a call.
He continued being ridiculous for about 5 full minutes then came over to me and flopped and was asleep.

And so it was.
Nearly five full zoomie-less weeks came to a crashing end.

Happily no harm was done.
To the hurdles.
To the wall.
To me.
And most importantly,
to the dog.


No comments: