Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Scent Discrimination day 1

As I have reported previously I am doing clicker training with Bugsy to try and use up some mental energy which he finds very enjoyable.
Last night I decided we would try some very simple scent discrimination using sticky notes. I watched a video online and supporting info and felt prepared.
I got my sticky notes and donned a golf glove to use for the non-scented note. The scented note I rubbed on me and used my bare hand to manipulate. Got the clicker and got some treats. OK bud lets give it a try.
As always he got VERY excited. There was much whining and throwing of behaviors - and I do mean THROWING of behaviors.
And then he touched the scented sticky - click/treat.
From there his excitement grew. I was please thinking, "By golly he's got this!"
And then the not wholly unexpected occurred
He ate the sticky note.
The End.
That's my boy :-)

Now I will have to come up with an idea for objects I can use that he can't eat.

No comments: