Tuesday, December 15, 2009

well what an interesting day

early this morning I decided to bring Bugsy upstairs - like he used to be while I worked in the office. He was thrilled and took up residence looking out his favorite window. And then he saw my husband returning from his walk. He - as he always does - got extremely excited. I tried to calm him down and had him sitting next to me and then WHACK!!
He jump turned and his snout hit me HARD in the nose. I thought is was busted but it only seemed to be bloodied. He of course hadn't noticed that he'd hit anything.

Later at rehab he in a fit of - yes once again - excitement he lunged and knocked the present we had for his therapist to the floor and SMASH it broke.
UGH!

Then in a move none of us could sufficiently describe he decided to leap up onto his back legs while in the water tank. This caused a tsunami to come over the side and soak me.

Really it has been an interesting day.

In other news we have two more sessions of rehab left. We will both miss going but I especially think Bugsy is going to miss it. He loves all the ladies especially his therapist and the vet student and he seems so much better after we leave. Today he did 4 minute sessions on an uphill and just loved it. We did a few more 'cavaletti's' (sp?) and he thinks that's grand too.
What has been fascinating to me is how much better he walks and moves after he's been. I hope that I can find a way to replicate that here at home.
This has seriously helped his rehab both physically and mentally

No comments: