Monday, December 14, 2009

uh oh he is getting very frustrated with all this

My little (OK not so little) Bugsy has been giving us some very strange behaviors of late. Clearly we are dealing with boredom and frustration at a high level. Tonight I saw him inspecting a small Christmas tree in our living room. Its one of those that is pre-decorated and you plug it in and wala it is pretty. He was giving the ornaments a once over and then I saw him doing something he has never done. He was showing interest in the cord. Likely it was the label on the cord but still very concerning.
His behavior on the leash is appalling - as bad or worse as it was as a pup. He zones out and could care less about your existence. He pulls like a freight train.
He is having temper tantrums if he thinks we are going somewhere 'good' without him. This might be for a walk or to rehab or who knows. This morning he screamed in his crate for about an hour and all I was doing was putting flags out in the yard marking his invisible fence - which he has lost all knowledge of. He refused to settle down even after I was done so I put him in the car 10 minutes before we needed to go to the vet.
I could go on but I won't.
It is sad for him in some ways and disheartening for me in many ways. I look at him some times and think 'my goodness not even 6 weeks and all his prior training is out the window'.
Tomorrow is two weeks until our xrays and if all is good we should be able to start doing more exercise and reduce some restrictions.
I need to find a renewed energy to get my overgrown, overly excited, independent, bull headed Bugsy behaving properly. Wow I am exhausted thinking about it

No comments: