Thursday, July 16, 2009

He don't like peas

This will be short but should give you a chuckle. Most people that see a picture of Bugsy or see him from a distance or don't have a clue about labs think Bugsy is part lab. I always say, no I don't think so and go on to show the physical reasons he isn't and then point out his eating habits.
The big guy leaves crumbs all over my carpet. Now seriously do you know any self-respecting lab that would leave crumbs??
He also tests any 'new' food by carefully taking it in his mouth, bringing it into the living room, putting it down, sniffing it, licking it. having a test chew, dropping it again, sniffing it, licking it, and then he usually decides whether it is edible or not. BTW a lot of the things are not. Who knew I was trying to poison him with a piece of yellow squash?
Which brings me to the point of this post. The boy doesn't like peas. He'll eat a few if you mash them up into his food or something but it's never a sure thing. So the other night I was mixing up his dinner (a few times a week he gets raw/home food)and thought oh I have these peas I'll mash them in. The mix was very mushy - mashed yucca root (very gloppy), ground beef, pork liver all mixed to a paste with added calcium and um yea a few peas that I mashed.
Well even with an all time favorite ground beef in there he had to check out what he was receiving. He decided to eat it but was eating really slow.
Once completed I went over to wash his bowl and found this:
Photobucket

Clearly those approximately 9 peas were not mashed enough to slip by the discerning eater.
Please don't make me laugh - there's no lab in this guy!

No comments: