Friday, July 10, 2009

Send some positive thoughts please

Bugsy has been slower this week. Now you are probably thinking that would be a good thing. Problem is Bugsy never chooses to be slow, it usually means that something is going on and whatever is going on isn't good.
He has been a crazy boy since we brought him home and this included lots of running and jumping. I still don't think I have ever seen him WALK all the way down the stairs. He goes down them as fast as he can and jumps off the last few steps.
Because we don't know his, ahem, 'breeding' and because he is so large I have always worried about his hips.
Watching him this week I think that the beginnings of arthritis is what we are seeing. I have a pit in my stomach as I watch this not yet 4 year old super active crazy boy look stiff when he rises. We'll go to the vet for a check but there isn't much more we can do.
He gets glucosamine/chondroitin, Nutrajoint, fish oil, walks swims, or jogs daily and has soft beds all over the house.
So could you cross your fingers and hope that it's just something else and not the beginnings of arthritis in his hips?
We'd appreciate it.

2 comments:

Campbell said...

Gosh Bugsy - I hope you feel better soon - I want you to be spry like me so we can continue to take each other down - that's so much fun!!!

Oh, BTW - that antler - it's causing all sorts of problems here - Sadie, yes Sadie, growled at me for the first time and would not give it up - As for Samson, he bit my eye when I tried to come near it after he stole it from me. The antler is now on top of the refrigerator and Mom says she's going to go by one for Sadie and one for Samson. Now, I only get my antler when I am in my crate.

Well, Bugsy - quit scaring your mom and show her that you are really really ok. Ok???? I don't want you to feel bad.

Love, Campbell

Karen said...

Hey Campbell my mom says she's doing her best to keep me flexible and free! You see Campbell big guys like me wear out fast - perhaps when I was younger I should've been a bit less crazy. Ha who am I kidding I'll give it all I got every day on this planet!
Now as for you antler situation that sounds bad. I don't mind sharing my stuff but I might not like it to get growled at or bit in the eye! Samson you have issues! Hopefully your mom can get them their own antlers and peace will be restored!