Friday, January 15, 2010

Beets. Really?

last night in a culinary adventure I decided to make fresh beets. Oye what a mess.
For us I mixed them with toasted walnuts, feta cheese, fresh dill, olive oil, cider vinegar and seasoning. They were good.
What I totally didn't expect was to have a dog sitting next to me drooling in the hopes of getting some beets.
Really Bugs? You think you are going to like beets???
When he has new things he usually takes them to the living room and plays with it before decided whether it is edible or not. Because of this habit I was quite concerned about giving him a piece.
No worries
I took a small piece and let him sniff it. Gulp. Gone.
Then the boring eyes and drool started.
You like beets?
"I wuv dem. need more"
OK
gulp
"more"
gulp

I was really shocked, still am. He behaved as if this was the very bestest thing he had ever had.

Beets. Who wouldn't guessed.

No comments: