Sunday, January 17, 2010

we've had a setback

It happened. I suppose it was rather incredulous that the wild and crazy Bugsy would have a straight run at healing but we were. For over 10 weeks.
And then it happened.
I'll try to leave out some of the unnecessary details.
Basically DH was playing with Bugsy and Bugsy got very excited and ran down the hardwood floor hallway and into the tiled kitchen, upon seeing DH he attempted to make a quick 180* turn and it happened.
His bad leg splayed out at the worst angle imaginable.
I was furious and sick to my stomach all at once. DH was oblivious and thought I was being ridiculous when I punched the granite countertop. I didn't know what else to do.
Bugsy clearly was in pain and thought he was in trouble at the same time.
DH - well I could have strangled him.
At this time we are unsure of what damage has been done. Damage has been done though.
He is limping as badly as he did in about week 2. He is reluctant to stand on the leg and was generally morose all yesterday and much of today.
I gave him some Traumeel yesterday and last night.
I don't see or feel swelling but I can see that my poor boy can't walk the 1.25 miles that we were doing. Never mind the extra .5
He labors up the stairs and is flat as a pancake.
I am heartbroken. We were getting so close to earning a little freedom.
I am going to take him to the rehab vet early this week and hopefully they will be able to assess if he did serious damage or it is just a minor setback.
Send us some good thoughts - especially my poor boy.
He has cooperated through all of this. All he wants is to run free and be joyful and pain free.
I promise Bugsy we are going to get there

No comments: