Sunday, November 8, 2009

day 3 post TPLO - no more bandage

Wow taking the bandage off was a tough job - poor guy lost even more hair and it was really stuck on in some spots.
He does seem to be feeling better, which means when we went out to do his business he wanted to trot about the yard. Um not for another few weeks bud!
After several visits and much aggravation he finally peed and had his first poop. In the 'my dog has had a TPLO' circle that first poop is real important.
I have now drugged him sufficiently and he is asleep in his crate. I am not going to let him out until much later. His ankle is fairly swollen and I want him to rest as much as possible.
I knew this was going to be tough but I am already exhausted. Having a suspected torn rotator cuff isn't helping - I mean it is tough enough to move around a 105lb dog with two healthy arms. When one is in constant searing pain it is really tough!
So I think it is time for me to take a muscle relaxant and try to calm my shoulder/neck.

No comments: