Friday, November 13, 2009

He's feeling better - let the fun begin

Uh oh Bugsy is feeling better. He is still sleeping most of the day and he still has times of serious pain but trust me he is feeling better.
This morning he made an escape from his room to the kitchen and looked back at me like 'caught you snoozing!'. So we are going to have to get a bit more serious in our containment efforts.
He also was limber enough for somersaults and pouncing on his kong. He may now have to be solely restricted to 'his room' as he doesn't have room for those sort of antics in there.

At other times though he is so desperate for human contact it makes me sad. He has never been a dog that cuddles but now he tries to sit on me or even funnier tries to curl up on my lap. Earlier he was doing the latter and found a comfy spot and was making a sound as if he were purring. I was glad to appease him for a bit.
In the evenings he often just whines while he lay there, and his leg shakes. I know he is in serious pain at that point and it stinks to not be able to do anything about it. Usually he is like that for about an hour before he gets his next dose of pain medication.

I feel certain we have done the right thing for him long term but I admit that when I hear him whining and his leg is shaking I feel awful.
Send my poor boy some loving OK? He's a big fella but he is just a baby. And he sure doesn't know what happened to him.

No comments: