Thursday, November 19, 2009

I thought he would be tired?

Today was a big day in Bugsy's rehabilitation. He had his first laser treatment and also his first underwater treadmill exercise. He did really well and was surprisingly OK with being in a fish tank with a moving floor!
His therapist is very sweet and picked up on a simple technique to motivate and distract him; ask for kisses LOL.
He kindly lifted his leg for her to massage - loves the luxuries of life this dog - and despite being slightly spooked by the sounds and by random (in his mind) starting and stopping of the floor he just got on with it.
Amazingly he showed no discomfort today and he also was clearly energized by the opportunity to exercise - definitely not exhausted.
I am so happy with how things have been going - I recognize there is a LONG way to go but so far his recovery is way beyond my imagination.
It is two weeks today that he had his surgery and despite having to be so much more involved with his activities I miss him. I miss getting the newspaper with him in the morning, exercising with him and most of all I miss having him asleep next to me at night.
I hate thinking this way but you know I haven't any idea how I will live without him. Long may he live

No comments: