Sunday, November 15, 2009

oh boy, oh boy , MY boy is feeling good!

I think the hard part of this process has hit us hard this weekend. Bugsy my boy is feeling very well. He still limps, sometimes badly, but his joie de vivre and mischievous soul his back. He's done with the anti-biotics and tomorrow morning is the end of the sedatives. He wants to do all the things he loves to do. Sigh. But I know it isn't in his best interest to do so. He must rest. I see much crate time ahead.
I say this with sadness. You all know I love this dog and one of the things I love most is this joie de vivre and deeply embedded mischief so now that I see it back and I want my buddy back. I want him back bad. But he isn't back and I and he will survive. I'm sure we will have some times where we both slip up but I pray that they aren't bad slip-ups = damaging slip-ups.
I know that the day I can put away the ex-pen and he joins us upstairs for the night will be wonderful times.
Some people will never understand how you can love a dog so much, honestly I can't explain it but I can tell you I love this beast more than I thought possible. I need to be strong and show tough love until he is healed. I would appreciate you sending me some strength.

1 comment:

Campbell said...

Dear Mrs. Lee - I know that you can hang in there for my pal bUgsy!! I want you to make sure that he gets all better so we can play again. I know you are doing what is best for him - my mom tells me so.

Your friend, Campbell