Sunday, March 28, 2010

Bugsy the gun dog

Although we will never know exactly what is in the mix we know he has some sporting breed in there that loves birds and doesn't mind a bit of noise - you know a gun dog or a bird dog.
Today someone gave DH an air rifle to check out and he started 'shooting' it (no bullets) in the yard.
Bugsy right next to him. Whatcha got Dad?
So I get an idea to have DH 'shoot' the duck and get Bugsy to retrieve it. It was going to be brilliant.
I went and got his Dokken Duck still wet from our trip to the lake earlier. Grabbed Bugsy by the collar and had him sit next to DH.
DH shot the gun.
I tossed the duck.
Bugsy ran.
The duck hit the suet block in the bird feeder.
The suet block hit Bugsy in the head.
He picked up the suet block and took off running.
Grabbed the duck while still holding the suet cake in his mouth and was off, not to be caught.
The suet block had fallen a good distance onto his head, so his head was covered in suet and seed. Including in his right eyebrow so he kept blinking.
Unthwarted he kept prancing and blinking with his suet and duck.
Presumably my hysterical laughter wasn't conducive to him giving me either the duck or the suet.
DH shaking his head, "you two are a pair."

Once I got both the duck and the suet block (which I put back in the feeder) it was time to return to our garden work.

So clearly Bugsy is a gun dog unbothered by the gunshot nor having a suet block fall from 15 ft onto his head.

Good boy!

1 comment:

AnnieT said...

Hahahaha, Bugsy, you ARE my hero! ~LOL~