Thursday, March 11, 2010

dew claws = thumbs, really they do

Last night Mr Bugsy was driving me insane wanting something to do. I was busy and didn't want to play.
I know shameful!
So in a moment of inspiration I decided to wedge a deer antler in a kong ball.
Aha this will sort your busy butt out.
Oh and it did for a good few minutes. It was fascinating to watch him remove it.
His successful technique included using his dew claws extensively - his thumbs I call them LOL

Unfortunately for me, having removed it once when I put some peanut butter in the ball and blocked access by wedging the antler back in, he just took the antler out and ate the peanut butter.
Oh well have to find another idea.

I'll try to get some pics or video of it, kind of cool to see him work his magic!

Edit to add this picture - had the wrong lens on my camera but you can see the grip he has on the ball - with his dew claw!
Photobucket

Oh and last night for the first time since last week he didn't limp when he got up
:-)

No comments: